Monday, November 6, 2017

late fall

Dear Mom,

We are still having warmer weather so perhaps heating won't be as awful this winter though probably way too early to make assumptions.

Last week when we had lots of bird activity (juncos showing up along with blue birds!) a little hermit thrush hit a window. I didn't think it would survive as its neck was flopping when I picked it up. It did come around though and sat quite patiently on my finger for more than 40 minutes. It was cooler that morning so I found a sunny spot to sit. It had no fear and seemed quite interested in what I had to say
(I don't think whatever it was, was all that interesting).



the blue birds have been back several times
the past couple of weeks - in the past I've only had them during blizzards
when they visit the suet feeders.


I met this interesting tree in the woods
yesterday. What an expression!

this beautiful pheasant was near the
recycling center last week.

I wish you were here :(